Den and New Wood Floor

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello!  We recently removed the carpet from our den and replaced it with wood laminate from Lowes and we couldn't be happier with the results.  The room is approximately 12 x 12 and the total cost was around $200.  Not too bad.  Originally, I wanted to remove the carpet and refinish what I thought was hardwood underneath.  But sadly, that wasn't the case.  We were surprised to find the entire room was plywood, not just around the staircase.  However, we like this floor much better.  :)


The FARM letters I printed from my computer using different fonts, enlarged them on a copier and traced onto plywood.   Then I cut out using a jigsaw and painted different sections of the letters, then distressed.  Love them and it cost less than 20 bucks for the thin plywood.


I've had questions about this before but the umbrella art I made using 1 x 2's, adding a brace in the back and painting each board alternating colors.  In this case I used white and burnt umber craft paint.  Then free handed the umbrella and distressed the entire piece.


I've always dreamed of living on a farm and hope to someday.  I love windmills but didn't want it outside where we wouldn't really be able to enjoy it so I thought it would be a perfect piece of art that would be perfect under our 12 foot ceilings.  My hubby bought this one for me and I spray painted it with Rustoleum Satin Nickel spray paint. 




This room is painted Classic Gray by Benjamin Moore.


We absolutely love this room now and the floor.   It's funny but we thought it would be less cozy without the carpet but that hasn't been the case at all.  Love sitting in here with my family.  And so happy to have the carpet gone!

Have a great day everyone!

Diana

Follow along between posts on Instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment