Master Bedroom

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Isn't it funny how our tastes change over time?  Does anyone else experience that?  Our master bedroom was beginning to drive me crazy.  It was the bedroom/office and that setup just wasn't working if we wanted a relaxing place sleep.  So, we hauled the computer and desk out of there and decided to turn our bedroom into a relaxing place that we would look forward to being in every night.


We got rid of the barn door and iron bed frame that was there before and bought a new bed frame.  I spent an entire weekend making a new upholstered and tufted headboard with plywood, foam and fabric.  That sucker was hard and it isn't perfect but it works, we love it and that's what matters.


I was actually inspired by the art on the wall.  I picked it up at our shop and fell in love with the colors, the modern look of it, even though it's vintage and the chippy frame it's in.


The biggest change for me though is the mid century modern dresser my hubby found in a storage building he bought.  It was in perfect shape but was all wood and had funky wood handles that we didn't like.  We took those off, added new hardware and I painted the frame of it.  I really didn't think I would like something like that but I absolutely love it.  It might be my favorite part of the room.



To add a little bit of rustic, I made some tea light holders with logs from the back yard.  I simply chiseled the bark off and drilled a hold in the center.  I stacked them on top of some old books.  Before you send me hate mail, yes I know, fire hazard, but these are never left unattended.  :)



The color of the walls is Classic Gray by Benjamin Moore.


I'm currently in the process of making a very cool piece of art to hang above the bed, so I'll be sharing that too.  And the carpet will be going too and will be replaced with something that will surprise you.

What do you think?  Totally modern for me but we are loving it and we finally have a peaceful room to sleep in or watch movies together without having to stare at a desk full of work.  :)

P.S.  I'm now on Instagram if you'd like to follow along in between posts!  Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment