Farmhouse Bathroom

Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's been a long time since I've given our master bathroom a facelift and since I was so happy with the Simply White paint I chose for the kitchen, I wanted to extend that color to our master bathroom, as well.  A cool find from hubby also played a part in giving this room a redo. 


I know there are lots of folks that don't like radiators or that want to cover them up but not me.  I love the cast iron and view them as a piece of art.  There weren't any old radiators in our 100 year old home when we moved in and I never really cared that much until I started seeing really cool versions of them. 

And as luck would have it, hubby was given several radiators a few weeks ago.  A couple of them were huge and so heavy that they maybe would have put a hole through our floor so I chose this small one. 

I cleaned it up, primed it and then painted it Simply White as well.  I really love it and actually wish it was a working radiator.  That inspired a redo, so I pulled things from around the house, picked up a few things and repainted Benjamin Moore's Simply White to give it a new look.


As you can see, our master bath is small.  But that's okay, I love it anyway. 

For the counter top, I wanted to add a few things to give it a masculine touch as well since my hubby also shares this bathroom.  So, I picked up a vintage shaving mug and brush, as well as a vintage wood leather straight edge sharpener.  It reminded me of a bread board so of course I had to use it.  :)  For fun, I found an old photo of a barber shop price list online, printed it off and framed it.





I love the patina on the wood handle of the old shaving brush.


For the other side of the vanity, I attached an old photo I came across in a flea market to the inside of an old apothecary jar that I filled with soaps. 

I was drawn to the old photo because, if you look closely, and I did with a magnifying glass, it is a woman working in her garden, tending to her tomato plants.  And this was written on the back.....it makes me smile.


I pulled this very fragile vintage fruit basket from the dining room and filled it with white fluffy towels for beside the tub. 

I mentioned before in our previous master bath redo that we don't have a shower in here.  Our only shower is upstairs. 

We use this bathroom for taking long soaks in the tub so I try to make it as peaceful and comfy in there as I can so that whoever takes a soak in there, will feel relaxed and special.


I also moved our Gray Farms sign from the kitchen to right above the tub.  I like it in here much better.


The three storage baskets on the wall came from Pier 1 many years ago and were made for a book shelf but I simply turned them on the side and screwed them into the wall for towels or whatever else I feel like putting in there.


I have pretty much decided to paint our entire upstairs hallway area in Simply White because it is just such a peaceful color.  Our floors up there are dark wood and I think the two will contrast nicely.


I was hoping to give the bathroom a farmhouse feel.  Hopefully I accomplished that.  Or it could be that the word "Farms" on the wall is what makes it feel that way.  ;-)

If you'd like to see how we did our bathroom countertops in reclaimed barn wood, click here.

Do any of your have radiators in your home?  Do you cover them up?  Do they work?

That's it for now!   Enjoy your week!

Diana



No comments:

Post a Comment