Simply White

Sunday, February 10, 2013

This past week I decided to repaint the kitchen.  A white kitchen has always been something I've wanted as far as cabinets go, but it never occurred to me to paint the walls white as well.  And hey, it's a lot easier since it doesn't matter if I get paint on the trim.  :) I was really growing tired of the color on the walls, which was Light Gray by Farrow and Ball and darker than I usually like so it was time for a change. 

I chose the perfect shade of white, in my opinion.  Simply White by Benjamin Moore.  And when I say perfect shade of white, I'm not exaggerating.  So far, I've painted my kitchen with it, as well as several pieces of furniture, a door and probably whatever else I can find that needs repainting.

It's simply white and that's why I love it.  The perfect creamy white color.  And a very calming kitchen.


It really makes the walnut and barn wood in my kitchen pop.





My hubby found this amazing rusty, beat up metal basket at the metal salvage yard this weekend and I fell in love with it.  I popped this metal number on it and filled it with my ramekins and tin molds and I smile every time I look at it.  I love rusty finds like that.

 
My next project for the kitchen is to rip out the countertop and install a new barn wood top. 


I can't wait! 

And it's always fun working on projects with this guy..... :)


What do you think of simply white?

Thanks for visiting today!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment