2012 Christmas Decor Ideas

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hey there!  I finished up our Christmas decor this past weekend.  Actually, it's been finished since Thanksgiving but it took me this long to photograph and blog about it.  Oh how I wish the Holidays could be less busy and more relaxing.....  :)


This year for the living room I seemed to be drawn to a campy, rustic cabin decor.  Mostly because of that wonderful buffalo check throw I came across.  It was my inspiration for the entire room.  And of course, I had to throw some industrial vintage decor in there too.

For the Christmas Tree, I always like to decorate it with ornaments that have a story or memory behind them.  Ours is filled with ornaments that we, as well as my parents bought for our kids every year since they were born.  Baby's First Christmas....


And funny little elves that are so old they are falling apart, that always make my kids laugh....


This year I also wanted to add vintage Bingo cards because they remind me of one of the first dates that hubby I went on 23 years ago.  We went to a local summer festival and played Bingo under a row of twinkly lights and stars until late into the evening and by the time the evening was over, I was head over heels. :)

We don't have any vintage Bingo cards so I did the next best thing.....I printed off images of them on cardstock, cut them out and threaded red and white bakers twine through a hole I punched in the top.


I fell in love with these aqua colored cards.


As well as these....


Just looking at the tree makes me smile because it is filled with so many wonderful memories.





This year I was drawn to red and white stripes so I continued that theme into the dining room.


I found these adorable little red stripe bowls at Crate and Barrel and fell in love. 


And the linen napkins came from this sweet little Etsy shop.  I loved the design and I love handmade even more. 



And that's it!  Don't you love decorating for the Holidays?  Are you like me and ready to take it all down the day after Christmas?  ;-)

Happy Holidays!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment