New Series - Reader Redos

Monday, September 24, 2012

I think one of the things I find the most rewarding about designing and decorating is visiting the thrift store and finding a sad, inexpensive piece of furniture with good bones that just needs a little love.  I've always been able to instantly look at a piece and envision what it could be.  I truly enjoy that.  I also enjoy gaining inspiration from others and their finds and redos so I thought it would be a lot of fun to start a monthly series featuring thrift store before and afters from our readers.


Beginning in October, I will choose a reader redo to feature a couple of times a month, maybe more, depending on time.  I want you to send me your before and after photos of thrift store or garage sale finds that you've reinvented or repurposed and I will choose a couple (or more) to feature here on the blog a month.  You don't have to have a blog to do this, anyone can send them in.  Just provide me with a couple of photos of your piece and a detailed description of what you did to redo it, including whatever products (paint, sandpaper, etc) you used, as well as, your name.

Photos and info can be sent to ourvintagehomelove@gmail.com
Please put Reader Redo in the subject line. 

You can check out my thrift store redos by clicking here.

I think this will be a lot of fun!  It's my version of a linky party (which I have no idea how to do) but a little more personal.  I'm looking forward to featuring your project! 
Hope to see lots of redos in our inbox!

Did anyone work on a redo this past weekend?  I'd love to hear about it in the comments section!

Enjoy your day,
Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment