Rustic Open Kitchen Shelving

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hey there!  A friend of ours alerted us to a large pile of wood he was just going to throw out behind one of the buildings he owns and told us to help ourselves.......so we did.


Can you believe that within that pile were these rustic solid 3 inch thick barn beams?  I sure couldn't believe it and they were there for the taking......free.

These suckers are heavy and thick and wide.  Perfect for something special I have in mind.


Amongst them was this very large beam between 4 and 5 inches thick.  Still trying to decide what to do with that one.


 Look at how thick that is!  Here's what I have in mind.....





I'm working on my own version using these photos as inspiration.  I happen to love open shelving in the kitchen and have always wanted it.  I don't get to hung up on worrying about how impractical it is or isn't because I have the lower cabinets, as well as cabinets on the other side of the room, to hide all the ugly plastic dishes that I don't want showing.

So, with some of our other projects on hold, this is what I hope to be working on this weekend.

Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment