Orange Glazed Blueberry Scones

Sunday, July 22, 2012

With blueberries in abundance right now, not to mention affordable, I've been having fun making some of our favorite summer sweets.  One of those is blueberry scones.  But with the heat of the summer, the last thing I really want to do is roll out dough.  
And sometimes I'm lazy.  
That's why I love this recipe.  
You throw the dough together and drop it in heaps on the baking sheet.  
Simple.  
And no chilling, rolling and cutting dough into triangles.


Let me tell ya, the star here is definitely the orange glaze.  Without it, these are just ordinary scones.  With it, they are really something special.  
Trust me.  
As far as a glaze is concerned, 
you just can't go wrong with melted butter, fresh squeezed orange juice and powdered sugar.  
I could drink it.


You can find the recipe here.


I may or may not have eaten 4 of these just while taking the photos.

Tip:  To make the glaze super easy to drizzle on your scones, as well as super cute, I like to use those plastic cake decorating squeeze bottles available in the cake decorating department of the grocery store.  They're cheap and also perfect for storing your homemade snow cone syrup. 


What are your favorite blueberry recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment