Kitchen Floors

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A few weeks ago I noticed this in our kitchen/laundry entry way.


A crack across two or more of the ceramic tiles.  Not cool.  A closer look....


First let me say that I've never liked the tiles.  They would have been easier to deal with if they had not been grouted with white grout.  Not our decision.  White grout on a kitchen floor??  It is the bane of my existance.  But, I'm not that irritated about the cracks in the floor because now I can get creative about a replacement.  Here's some inspiration pics for what I've got up my sleeve.


Love the herringbone design but I would really like to do something that would be consistent with the rest of the house.



I seem to be drawn to this design.


Reclaimed wood is definitely the way I'm going to go, mainly because of the cost, which will hopefully be close to free.  :)


I can't wait to get started!  Stay tuned.....

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment