Handmade With Love - Happy Anniversary

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Twenty years ago today, my man and I were married.  Wow!  It really seems like it was just yesterday.  I can't even begin to describe how much I adore this man.  Before we start celebrating, I wanted to share with you the special gift I made him.

He has been asking me for a while to make him a drive in theatre sign whenever I had time.  So, I thought it would be really cool to make a sign inspired by the drive in theatre in his favorite movie, Grease.  I got to work and this is what I came up with.
I built a simple frame with 1 x 2's and then attached lattice strips to the front of it with a nail gun.  Then I stained it with Minwax Special Walnut and printed a few stencils off the computer.  I just used plain white for the words and then, to give "Drive-In Theatre" some pizazz, I took a pencil and dipped the eraser end in black paint and added dots in the words to resemble lights.
That's it! 
I always like to give my hubby something made from my heart.  I know those things are more important to him than anything I could buy and I know this will mean so much to him.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment