New Finds for The Kitchen

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hey there!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  My hubby brought home some things the other day for me and this one particular thing, I just fell in love with.  And it's perfect for Valentine's Day.
How cute is this old coffee tin??  So cute!  I filled it with one of my favorites, tulips.  I just love that you can find fresh tulips in my local grocery store during late January and February.  So, I treat myself to some each week when I shop for groceries.  They are such a cheery addition to the house during the drab winter months.  

My other find is from Etsy.  I just love Etsy and always try to support handmade when I can.  There are some wonderful sellers there and I could spend hours looking in their shops.  Anyone who knows me knows that I love to cook.  It is one of my passions.  I have a couple of knives that I've had forever and they were always getting thrown into the drawer with my other kitchen gadgets, dulling the blades.  So my hubby had my knives professionally sharpened for me for a surprise.  

Well, now that they are perfectly sharp and slide through a tomato like butter, I didn't dare throw them back into that drawer, so I went looking for something to keep them in.  I've always loved those magnet wall knife holders and found the perfect one on Etsy.  And the best part is that it's made from sustainably harvested walnut, my favorite.  And did I mention, it's gorgeous!?
It goes perfectly with my walnut cutting board, also a gift from my hubby many years ago and such a cherished piece in my kitchen.
I'm in love.....
The walnut knife block can be purchased here.  There are also other selections using different woods if you prefer lighter colors.

So that's it, just a couple things I added to our kitchen that make me smile.

For those of you that don't follow us on Facebook, here is the latest photo update on our stair project.
 I still have to sand the top of each stair and figure out what my next step is going to be from there.  But I'm loving the carpet gone.  I'm curious, what would you do to the stairs??  Do share!!
Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment