Christmas Mantel/Ledge Ideas

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hi everybody!  It's the middle of the week, I've got tons of work to do working on our new shop and bread boards so this will be short and sweet.  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

We don't have a fireplace, though I sure wish we did, so I use this ledge that I built for our mantel.  I always try to keep it simple when decorating it for the holidays.  
Just some simple greenery that I clipped from some trees in the woods, bright white candles, some silver candle holders for a little sparkle and I added these vintage spools for some warmth and because they look a little like candle holders.
I think it all goes perfectly with the rustic pallet bench hubby and I built. 
I made the stockings from leftover pieces of canvas painters dropcloth and then wrapped the tops with jute webbing for a little texture.
And some nights, we remove the stalkings, add a bunch of candles to the top of the bench, light them and pretend it's a fireplace.  Hey, you do what you gotta do, right?!  I'm off to work!  

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Be sure to link up to the Mantel Link Party at Rhoda's!  Lots of fantastic ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment